[Smaug] Web site maintenance (was: scruz.org re-design)

Jay Campbell jay at got.net
Wed Nov 16 12:09:21 PST 2005

Here's a Drupal framework for Smaug:

http://smaug.got.net/drupal/

I can grant Content Administration access to any active Smaug
member, and will grant User Administration (which gives everything
else) to folks through a web of trust.

The front page and other informational pages are Drupal pages;
individual user blogging is enabled, for reflections on meetings
or anything else folks want to post under their own names.

The Drupal "story" module is enabled too, but may be redundant
given the wiki-ish level of access the group has.

Registration should work, though everything's under temporary
hostnames. Give it a poke and tell me what you think.

> On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 10:53:09AM -0800, Jay Campbell wrote:
> > I'd be happy to run a Drupal for SMAUG on the Got.net network. Group
> > blogging, individual blogging, discussion forums, image libraries,
> > etc etc etc. I don't make many SMAUG meetings these days but Got.net
> > does have some "staying power" and we dig you guys. Makes me miss SCLUG.

> Hi Jay -- Welcome to the flamewar!  8)
>
> I think that'd be totally awesome 8)  I was going to offer to host it on
> my shell account server, but I imagine Got.net is slightly better set
> up for power outages and the like than my apartment.  ; )
>
> Any objections to turning down this kind offer of help?
>
> -Phil/CERisE

Jay Campbell