[Smaug] Web site maintenance (was: scruz.org re-design)

Anthony Ettinger apwebdesign at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 11:54:19 PST 2005

> But you _don't_ want to improve Smaug's site.
> You're looking for
> yet another marketing showcase, aiming at higher
> Google rank for your
> personal business.  Thus my point.

I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to improve
SMAUG. I'm a web developer and an open source
enthusiast, this is what I do. If you don't like it,
tough beans, maybe you should step aside and stop
stiffling progress.

If all I wanted was to increase my link popularity, I
would've written a spam bot for adding comments to
Movable Type or Blogger. Really, you need to STFU when
you don't have a clue.

> As Jacob pointed out:  Nobody else who's worked on
> the site has demanded
> marketing in return.

If the original designers wanted a link, I wouldn't
have had a problem with it. It's not too much to ask.

Personally, I think the sponsors page should have a
list of everybody who participates in SMAUG above and
beyond attending meetings. It's called "giving credit,
where credit is do".

</flame>

Anthony Ettinger
ph: (408) 656-2473