[Smaug] scruz.org re-design

cerise@armory.com cerise at armory.com
Mon Nov 7 22:50:36 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 10:42:48PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> Phil, if in a year he's doing fsck-all to keep the site maintained, I'll
> buy you dinner at Tiny's.

I won't complain.  Of course, that assumes that the *UG'd be around in a
year.  That's a long time as far as my plans go, but that's something that
a better web presence should help with.

> I've been maintaining David's design for quite a long time, and not
> wholesale replacing it, in part because I wasn't so egotistical as to
> believe I could improve on the aesthetics.  Anthony comes waltzing in,
> and you _know_ his sense of artistic design is pedestrian at best, and
> he even acknowledges that fact, and suddenly you're in a hurry to have
> him shitcan an existing site design that you haven't even yourself studied.

It needs improvement.  Why not comment on how he can make it better in your
opinion?  You might be a bit out of touch, but the beauty of open source is
that it allows collaboration and improvement on the part of everyone.