[Smaug] Help with multihead Linux box

Thomas Leavitt thomas at thomasleavitt.org
Sat Sep 3 18:25:53 PDT 2005

If all you're doing is text sessions, why are you trying to run six
separate video cards? PC hardware was simply not designed to run this
way, and getting it to do so is likely to be extremely expensive.

Get a multi-port serial card, and then connect 6 terminals to it...
these can either be ancient VT style terminals (usually available for a
hundred bucks or so), or stripped down PCs that boot off the network and
run only shell sessions without X, etc.

Thomas