[Smaug] Installfest report + Meeting tonight

cerise@armory.com cerise at armory.com
Mon Aug 1 13:55:13 PDT 2005

So, for those of you who didn't make it, I'd say the SMAUG
installfest was a success.  We had something on the order of
10 boxes come by.  2/3s were dual boots.  Most were Fedora
installs.  There was 1 Gentoo install.

Apart from some minor connectivity issues when one of the
uplink cables between hubs was cannibalized, everything
went pretty smoothly.  There wasn't a need for extension
cords, power strips, net cables, or most of the assorted
paraphenalia that I've started taking with me to installfests.

So, in short, it's a really great location.  Perhaps in
the future, we can be slightly more proactive about a
time & date.

That being said:  SMAUG @ Tiny's again this evening.  I'm
considering cobbling a system together for a Xandros
test install.