[Smaug] Happy 5th Year!

Jack Craig jcraig at Brocade.COM
Mon Jul 25 10:01:16 PDT 2005

ah, now i am seeing this transition. i also wonder,
if i, as a linux enthusiast, was so unaware of the
smaug group, i wonder if there are more folks in our area
with the same interest...???

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 09:21, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Jack Craig (jcraig at Brocade.COM):
>
> > no kidding! about how long ago was this old sco activity?
> > i wondered when i heard the reference to the unix company. :)
>
> Jacob founded Smaug in late 2000, and was able to hold the first two
> meetings at SCO Group's conference rooms near Harvey West, before those
> were closed down as part of the firm's initial transformation to (what
> became) Tarantella.
>
> > i am curious as i am an ex-(old)sco employee, but never heard
> > of this UG.
>
> Yeah, Smaug's been a bit low-profile; it had recurring problems with
> finding a reliable meeting location until Phil pointed out the
> availability of Tiny's Family Restaurant.

i'm sure that was a lot more quiet than 99 bottles of beer!
i have not spent a lot of time at tiny's as the capitola
enforcement team frequented the place. :)