[Smaug] howto configure linux for IP audio?

Jack Craig jcraig at Brocade.COM
Mon Jul 25 09:22:25 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 17:58, Karsten Wade wrote:
> * Jack Craig (jcraig at Brocade.COM) on [07-20-05 11:12] bespoke:
> > hi linux crowd,
> >
> > KPIG broadcasts over the internet. i want to know if anyone has
> > setup their linux so it can recieve streaming audio? i am using
> > RH WS 3.0.
>
> One other note ... if you have the permissions, desire, and
> subscription, you can upgrade that machine to Enterprise Linux 4 WS.
> Automatic upgrades are part of the subscription, should be able to get
> ISOs through http://rhn.redhat.com, whoever has the keys to your Red
> Hat Network account.

hi karsten,

i bought the WS config via a dell workstation purchase and the
subscription has since lapsed so, afaik, i cant get updates unless
i re-subscribe. unless you know a detail/option i dont know of?

actually, i was thinking about installing fedora 4, we have been using
it here and its not too bad for free...

thx, jackc...

--

Jack Craig