[Smaug] question about meeting

cerise@armory.com cerise at armory.com
Wed Jun 15 11:32:36 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 01:45:17AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> I'm pretty sure a lot of Auerbach's critical writings are googleable.
> Probably still worth reading.

   I'll put in a second vote there.  What I have read of Auerbach was
worthwhile ~2 years ago.

> 2.  Make your DNS daemons recognise alternative root servers, a la
> OpenNIC.  This lets you recognise "non-official" TLDs alongside the
> regular ones.  I've done this, from time to time.  It's a bottom-up
> way of sidestepping the whole NetSol/ICANN power structure.
>
> If enough DNS servers recognise the alternative root servers, then they
> and their extra TLDs become widely useful.

   And I'd just started thinking about a very similar scheme.
   I don't see why anyone wouldn't support OpenNIC.  They have .geek!  ; )

> > And on a complete tangent, I just found out that we had a tsunami warning
> > tonight.
>
> I shouldn't have waved so energetically.

   I always knew you were interference on this list ; )  Constructive
interference in this case, but interference nonetheless.