[Smaug] Any local places to buy cheap computer without windoze

Meg McRoberts dreidellhasa at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 01:27:10 PDT 2005

Hi, all,
Are there any good places this side of the hill where I can
buy a cheap computer that doesn't come with XP pre-installed?
My Linux computer just died big time.

I don't need tons of processing power but would like to burn
CDs and DVDs.  Circuit City and Fry's seem to have an e-Machine
for $399 after rebates but it has XP on it.  I could install over
it but I just hate to up Bill Gates's sales statistics!

I'm not a hardware jockey so I'm not going to build my own, but
if anyone has built something that they want to sell, I'm open
to discussions.

Thanks much,
Meg