[Smaug] wrt45g firmware reflash?

Adhamh Findlay smaug at adhamh.com
Wed Apr 27 08:01:14 PDT 2005

William Estrada wrote:

> OK guys,
>
>   I have managed to make two of my WRT56Gs catatonic.  No web access
> and no ssh access.  I need to flash the firmware.  I have done the
> factory reset thing and the IP address is now 192.168.1.1.  Still no
> web access.  I don't know if resetting has turned off 'boot wait' or
> not.  Any suggestions on how to flash the box ??
>
>   BTY, I installed Openwrt and that is what caused the problem of
> no web access.  They still worked but could not make any changes.

So you're not totally hosed.  I did this too and recovered simply by
using tftp to copy a linksys firmware image to the wrt54.  (You HAVE to
copy the linksys firmware to recover, then can upgrade to something else).

http://www.google.com/search?q=tftp+linux+wrt54&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official