[Smaug] Meeting this coming Monday (12/6) and errata

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Wed Dec 1 16:46:45 PST 2004

On or about Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 03:48:01PM -0800, Phil White scribbled:
> As "we" (where by "we", I mean Rick, Peter, Fizz, and I) decided, the next
> SMAUG meeting will be 12/6 (the first monday of the month).  That's a
> departure from the usual schedule owing to those holiday things.

 Good for some, not for others, I hear...

> Pfft.  Holidays.
>
> A couple of things I wanted to bring up again.
> 1) How many more people would come if it weren't at Tiny's?

 Actually, Tiny's is particulary good for me since it's within
 walking distance. And despite some people I know not liking to
 eat there (for historical reasons) I find the food quite acceptible.
 Also, it's quiet, you can hear people talk!!

 But don't get a table near the door, it's freezing and smoke from
 people smoking just outside the door comes in. Brrrr!!! Choke!!!!

> 2) How many more people would come if it were at a different time?  If so,
>    then at what time?

 It looks like Monday night will continue to be somewhat iffy for
 me; actually the current time has almost worked out due to my Monday
 class getting out early usually. I may have a Monday class starting
 in February, but it will be shorter. So actually the current time
 is fine, and besides that's 2 months off.

> 3) I've talked a little to Jim Griffin at Cabrillo.  He's expressed some
>    interest in an installfest (especially since the SlugLUG looks like
>    they aren't going to have one).  Who's up for it?

 Yeah! All those Cabrillo Linux computers we can have fun with!
 (Just kidding).

> I'd especially like to hear from all you lurkers out there ; )  I know that
> Rick, Peter, Fizz, and I aren't the only ones with opinions.

 Speak up, creatures of the night and UCSC students!

 8=)

 - Peter

      News:         http://www.sonic.net/~peterbe/news.html
      My Webs:      http://www.armory.com/~peterbe/