[Smaug] Next meeting on FIRST Monday (was: Smaug meeting TONIGHT, 8 PM, Tiny's Restaurant)

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Thu Nov 18 11:54:36 PST 2004

Not infamous after all!! read on ..

On or about Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 10:53:51AM -0800, Rick Moen scribbled:
> Quoting Phil White (cerise at armory.com):
>
> > On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 02:13:15PM -0800, Peter Belew wrote:
> > >  I have a final on 13 Dec. till 9:30 pm. I can't make it then at all.
> > >  The 20th would be fine with me.
> >
> > Another school of thought says move it to the 6th, of course.  Would
> > that work for you?
>
> It could be a Smaug date that would live in infamy.  (Not that that's a
> bad thing.)

 No, that was the 7th.

> > I'm of no opinion either way, but some lurkers who might eventually pop
> > out of the shadows might see the 20th as awfully close to the 25th.
>
> Quite.  OK, Pearl Harbor Day it is, then!  Monday, December 6, 2004.

 Maybe the ships were steaming towards Hawai'i on the 6th, but the
 bombing was on the morning of the 7th (and Hong Kong, the Philippenes,
 Guam, Wake, and Midway in the next few hours). So we can steam
 till midnight ...

    December 1941

  Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa

      1  2  3  4  5  6

  <7> 8  9 10 11 12 13

  14 15 16 17 18 19 20

  21 22 23 24 25 26 27

  28 29 30 31

 Apparently I, as a toddler of a few months, toddled across to the
 big console radio in our living room, turned it on, and the report
 of the attack was being broadcast. Or so goes the family legend.

  - Peter

      News:         http://www.sonic.net/~peterbe/news.html
      My Webs:      http://www.armory.com/~peterbe/
                    http://members.cruzio.com/~peterbe/