[Smaug] Fwd: Anyone with Zebra/Quagga/OSPF experience?

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Wed Oct 27 15:18:31 PDT 2004

Has anyone tried using Zebra/Quagga for routing on Linux (or FreeBSD)?
In particular, I am interested in hearing if anyone has got OSPF
routing working with zebra and ospfd. I'm trying to get a mixed
routing system set up using both RIPv2 (ripd) and ospf.

FYI: Zebra (package is now quagga) provides several routing protocols,
such as RIP, OSPF, BGP, with configuration files which emulate Cisco
IOS configuration fairly closely.

I have RIPv2 working, and it interacts well with my Cisco 806 gateway
router. I'm not successful with OSPF; the systems don't seem to see
each other. I've tried both broadcast (just specifying the network)
and unicast (specifying neighbor IP and passive-interface) identification
of neighbors, to no avail.

[ note: I tried to post this on SlugLUG, but that list doesn't seem to
be working. Apologies if you get cross-posting!]

 Peter Belew
--
http://www.armory.com/~peterbe/
Election links: http://library.ucsc.edu/ref/electionlinks.html