[Smaug] Newbie to Santa Cruz

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 16 14:33:51 PDT 2004

Quoting Phil White (cerise at armory.com):

> So, by proof of butchery-of-British-comedic-butchery, I declare the
> third Monday of the month the formula without conflict with SlugLUG.

Coolness.  Unless someone on the Smaug list chimes in with "But wait!
The nearby [something important] regular 3rd-Monday event conflicts"[1],
I'll change the Web site in a couple of days to reflect that as the new
meeting-date formula.  Regardless, I'll post the Monday, Sept. 20 8PM
stuff to the Web pages ASAP.

If you'd like to have edit access to the pages, BTW, just get a
SourceForge.net ID, and I (or one of the other
http://sourceforge.net/projects/smaug-web/ admins) will add you as an
admin of the SourceForge "project" that runs the site.

Don't worry about stepping on anyone's toes:  Of the five admins, I'm
the only one who's bothered to work on the site for years (except for
Jacob putting the "TBA" stuff on the front page -- thanks, Jacob!).

[1] Doesn't seem likely, but there could be some important local Santa
Cruz thing I'm unaware of.  The only LUG I know of with 3rd-Monday
meetings is LUGOD, which is all the way up in Davis.