[Smaug] Newbie to Santa Cruz

Phil White cerise at armory.com
Wed Sep 15 18:15:58 PDT 2004

And cerise spake, saying, 'The SlugLUG day of meeting is the last Monday
of the month.  No more.  No less.  The last shall be the day thou shalt
install, and the number of that Monday shall be at least four.  Three shalt
thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that you then proceed to
at least four.  Six is right out, being greater than the number of possible
Mondays in a month.'

The fewest possible mondays in a month:

$ cal 2 2028

    February 2028
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
       1  2  3  4  5
 6  7  8  9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29

The most possible mondays in a month:

$ cal 3 2004
     March 2004
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
    1  2  3  4  5  6
 7  8  9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

So, by proof of butchery-of-British-comedic-butchery, I declare the third
Monday of the month the formula without conflict with SlugLUG.

-Phil/CERisE
Or, "The most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!"