[Smaug] Newbie to Santa Cruz

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 15 16:56:08 PDT 2004

Quoting Phil White (cerise at armory.com):

> The third is the aforementioned Smaug revival meeting.  I think there's
> still a website somewhere, but I'm too lazy to google.  ; )

'Cause I needed to check and see what the old standard meeting date
formula was, I can tell you:  http://www.scruz.org/

  Unless
> enough folks believe that Monday at 8 is a bad time, I'm planning on:
>
> Monday, 9/20/2004 @ 8pm
> Tiny's Diner
> 1549 41st Avenue
> Capitola, CA
> 475-5764

Back in the day, Smaug met (most recently) on first Mondays at 8PM.
The 20th will be a 3rd Monday:  Just as a point of information, are
3rd Mondays going to be a meeting day without a lot of significant
conflicts with what one might reasonably call competing events?

(By competing events, I mean things that a significant portion of the
target membership are likely to want to attend, too.  The obvious
example would be if SlugLUG had a regular meeting date:  Smaug would
want to avoid that.  Some would argue that SVLUG's 1st-Wednesday regular
date is likewise.)

I'll put Monday the 20th on the Web site, soonish -- but it would be
nice if I could also put a recurring date formula (e.g., "3rd Mondays at
8PM") on there, too.  So, any _significant_ conflicts on that?

--
Cheers,     "Learning Java has been a slow and tortuous process for me.  Every
Rick Moen   few minutes, I start screaming 'No, you fools!' and have to go