[Smaug] Revival of Smaug

Phil White cerise at armory.com
Mon Sep 13 13:32:20 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 10:50:21AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> Sounds damned near perfect.  (If it happens to also has an outdoor
> section, that could make the vegetarians happy, absent rain.)

   To the nay-sayers:  You know there must be something right about it
when Rick and I agree ; )

> However, one of the keys to setting up events like LUG meetings is to
> know in advance that the criterion shouldn't be a requirement that
> everyone be happy.  There will always be someone who says "Oh no, I'm
> always busy on first Mondays, so that's no good" or "Eww, I hate that
> place."  And since everyone assumes that objection = veto, nothing
> happens.
>
> That's why Evan "Mr. Bad" Prodromou wrote the "Shotgun Rules" for Bay
> Area Debian (http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt).  In essence:

   When I saw the name Rick Moen attached to this subject, I _knew_ this
was going to be part of the post.
   Since Jacob objected and he's presently the person paying up for SMAUG's
domain, I'm willing to wait a couple of weeks.  If there is no plan by then,
I'll start meetings at Tiny's.

> I notice that PC Users of Santa Cruz also have monthly meetings there.

   I didn't know that.  I should check those out.