[Smaug] (no subject)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 21 18:00:15 PDT 2004

Quoting Jacob Hunter (jacob at ccwes.com):

> Changed the webpage a lil the other day.  Updated it, took down the 18
> month past meeting.

Thanks a bunch, Jacob!  Good job.

Just so the process isn't mysterious to people, here's how I did a fresh
checkout of Jacob's updates from SourceForge's CVS, using my SourceForge
login access:

  $ export CVS_RSH=ssh
  $ cvs -z3 -d:ext:rickmoen at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/smaug-web co htdocs

People who don't have SourceForge accounts (as well as those who do, of
course) can alternatively use anonymous CVS access:

  $ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/smaug-web login
  $ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/smaug-web co htdocs

The point is that _anyone_ can check out a copy of the group's Web site,
and (optionally) work on it.  If you want to check in changes, just ask
one of the project admins (listed on
http://sourceforge.net/projects/smaug-web/ ), telling us your
SourceForge login name, and we can give you access.

Once you've done a checkout of the site, checking it back in should be
thereafter as simple as:

  $ cvs ci filename1 [filename2] [...]

Refreshing your checked-out copy should require only:

  $ cvs update

(I did a _fresh_ checkout of everything because somehow my CVS directory
contents weren't right, any more.)

More about that can always be found via the "Project Pages" link from
http://www.scruz.org/ .

--
Cheers,               No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
Rick Moen             We do concede, though, that a large number of electrons