[Smaug] DNS for scruz.org

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jun 29 13:10:22 PDT 2003

Quoting Graham Freeman (graham at calteg.org):

> Don't take that attitude with me.  I don't have "get lectured by Rick Moen
> for no good reason" on my list of things to do.

Well, gee, Graham, I wasn't addressing you personally at all, let alone
"lecturing" you.

Moreover, I was simply stating a fact:  If I don't hear about a change
being needed to my allowed-transfer list, I likely won't make that
change, and consequently no zone transfers will happen.  If you (generic
you, not Graham-Freeman-you) are happy with setting up secondary DNS and
then having it broken for lack of an allowed-transfer line, cool.

> I have posted to this list every time there's been a change with my
> DNS servers, and if you didn't get those messages then that's
> something I have no control over.

To repeat:  You're welcome to review the zonefile excerpt and allowed-transfer
list I posted, and see if anything needs fixing.  Or not.  Suit yourself.

> If you weren't talking about me, then you should have specified who you
> were talking about instead of using coy "some folks" language.

I actually don't know in some cases, and don't remember in others, who's
been changing around secondary nameservers and not telling me.  When I
see problems, I attempt to fix them.  If I don't see how to fix them, I
mention them in case other people know what's going on.  I have no
interest in interpersonal soap opera.  No time, no interest.

--
Cheers,           find / -user your -name base -print | xargs chown us:us
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com