[Smaug] Aid for Linux newbies

I. Craig Nichols fathom at armory.com
Mon Jun 9 14:29:13 PDT 2003

On Mon June 9 2003 10:31 am, Phil White wrote:
> Salutations to all:
>
> 1) How about restarting SMAUG meetings?  Perhaps Tuesday or Thursday
>    evenings at 99 Bottles?
> 2) I run into people all the time who ask me when the next SlugLUG
>    installfest is.  Not that long ago, there was talk of a SMAUG
>    installfest.  Any interest?
> 3) (and the real point of this email)  Does anyone have a favorite
>    URL to point a newbie to for an introduction to Linux?
>
> -Phil/CERisE

I'd be happy to participate in both 1 and 2.

I suggest NOT changing the meeting time/day from what it was last set to,
unless this was the reason SMAUG died off. I personally stopped attending
because my class schedule was interfering right up until just last week.
Since the last meeting mentioned on the web site is Jan 9, it looks like I
didn't miss much. If we restart on the second Thursday of every month, that
makes this Thursday at 7 the first SMAUG Revival Meeting. Is anyone else up
for that?

I have a box of networking gear that could help with an installfest (a big but
aging 10bT hub and big but aging 10bT switch, an 8-port 10/100 switch, plus a
few dozen short-to-medium cat 5 cables).

- Ix