[Smaug] Ping

lmckusic at tsoft.com lmckusic at tsoft.com
Tue May 20 09:34:49 PDT 2003

Hello Smaug people,

	I am testing to see if I can reach the Smaug list.

--
"I particularly enjoy the sand patterns left by receding waves at Surfer's Beach. This beach has fine grain sand, a blend of black (presumably quaternary volcanic ash) and tan granules, that separate when the waves drain off the beach. I daydream of building a simple fractal iterative model that would draw patterns somewhat like the sand patterns. Half Moon Bay, sand bars, sand dunes, surf waves, beach surge and the sand patterns all seem related as recurring expressions of the same pattern forming process." Lee McKusick, El Granada, California.