[Smaug] The 'host' command?

Paul Thomas paul at cuenet.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:29:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

>From a server that goes through Verio, on certain domain, when
I invoke: host certaindomain.net, "certaindomain.net has address
209.225.8.64" with no MX information and even an occassional
"Host not found, try again.". Running the same invocation of
host from a dsl that goest through Alternet.net yields the MX
information.

Is this a network issue? I'm having the same problem with Pine,
it will say "unable to access MX records" and give up.

Any information would be appreciated, I don't have any experience
with the 'host' command and am unsure of what server(s)  it
gets it's info from.

Thanks,

--Paul

--
William J. Broad: "The crux... is that the vast majority of the mass
of the universe seems to be missing."