[Smaug] meeting place for next Monday

Jeremy Brand, B.S. jeremy at nirvani.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:25:09 -0800 (PST)

Thus spake Rick Moen:

> Quoting Jeremy Brand, B.S. (jeremy@nirvani.net):
>
> > Forgive me for not checking the site, it's hit or miss as to if it is
> > up-to-date or not, seems more miss than hit actually. :)  Who'd of thought
> > someone would have updated the site! :)
> >
> > Any particular reason why 7:pm instead of 8:pm ?
>
> <shrug>  In order to not change the time yet again.
>
> There was discussion, here.  To review:
>
> Meetings were 1st Mondays at 8 PM for quite a while.  Then, the minimal
> possible change to mostly evade 10 PM(?) karaoke was to move the start
> time back an hour to 7 PM (with the advantage that people who didn't
> hear about the change in time would still find people there, and not
> walk away wondering what happened to Smaug).
>
> Then, the TV/sports plague doomed Monday nights entirely, and Phil White
> kindly did the legwork to verify that Thursdays would work.  (Yay!)
> Various Thursdays were discussed and 2nd Thursdays seemed to have no
> major problems, so again we did the minimal change -- i.e., change the
> day but not the time or location.
>
> Suggestions for better venues are always welcome, especially if
> accompanied by results of the necessary legwork, e.g., the way
> Evan ("Mr. Bad") Prodromou described it for the Bay Area Debian group:
> http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt

Thanks Rick!  Is it possible that we might someday actually see you at the
meetings?  There are rumors that you have made it in the past, but it has
been a great while since I hear.  It would be cool if you could make it
once and a while!  Maybe this new day and time will work out for you too.
*fingers crossed*

PS, thanks for the review!

:)
Jeremy