[Smaug] sup

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 01:53:19 -0700

Quoting Paul (paul@surrendered.net):

> Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the list. I live in Monterey,
> unfortunately there don't seem to be many geeky people in this area.

Hello, hello!

I remember that there have been a couple of efforts to get Linux user
groups going on the Monterey Peninsula, but they've not yet taken off.

If you feel like driving up to S.C. for the evening, we've just changed
over our monthly meeting day, to 2nd Thursdays, which means the next
meetings will be Thursday, November 14, 7 PM, 99 Bottles of Beer,
upstairs room, 110 Walnut Ave. near Pacific Ave., Santa Cruz.  It's
posted on the Web pages, as of this evening.

(Following that:  Thursday, December 12, 2002.  Thursday, January 9, 2003.)

Incidentally, I've been getting really dodgy and unreliable results this
evening from our http://www.scruz.org/ Web site, which is virtual-hosted
on SourceForge.  Lots of erroneous 404 errors, timeouts, etc.  Maybe
they need to hire a sysadmin?

--
"Is it not the beauty of an asynchronous form of discussion that one can go and
make cups of tea, floss the cat, fluff the geraniums, open the kitchen window