[Smaug] sup

Karsten Wade phig at phig.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 01:59:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Ignacio Solis wrote:

> * Paul (paul@surrendered.net) said:
> > Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the list. I live in Monterey,
> > unfortunately there don't seem to be many geeky people in this area. The
> > most techie person I've met thought their moving from Win98 to Win2K was
> > a big thing. They had no idea what Linux is. Sad sad world. Anyways, one
> > of these days I'll venture over to one of the meetings, it'd be so nice
> > to talk to some people about something of interest to myself for once.
> > If any of you use IRC, I'd love to chat.I'm trip@EFNet, you can find me
> > in the channel #Node.
>
> Well, some of us hang out at freenode.net, #smaug and #sluglug.
>
> Nacho (cureless)

Perusing those channels, it appears that you found us.

Aside from the couple of hours of good geek talk we do at the Smaug
meetings, if you are feeling the need to feed, the installfests put on by
SlugLUG at UCSC are really heating up.  http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/ will have
the next announcement (dealt with first on the mailing list).  One thing I
appreciated about the last installfest [1] was the people who came for the
Big Change were in age from 18 to over 60, and relatively well spaced in
between (relative to the fact that most of the people were under-30).  I
don't know why that tickled me (mebbe it's because I'm on the other side
of the 30 bar).

- k' (quaid)

[1] Email regarding the installfest results
http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/pipermail/sluglug/2002-October/004924.html

< >  Karsten Wade          < >
< >  http://blog.phig.org  < >              - Dallas Dobro