[Smaug] is there another meeting planned?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:45:19 -0700

Quoting gk (gk@proliberty.com):

> I saw an old meeting announcement on the web site and no regular schedule.
> I like to meet you folks if you get together again.

There's a decision yet to be made about a new meeting time -- or
alternatively, a new meeting place, though that's a lot more difficult
to find.  Monday nights at 99 Bottles have been impaired by sports
broadcasts, I understand.

I was hoping someone would check at 99 Bottles about what other night
regularly has _no_ football TV watching, no karaoke, and basically
nothing else that would drown out the gang meeting upstairs.

It'd be even better if people would figure out and post when other
technical groups in the area meet, so we can avoid scheduling against
them.  (I'm over the hill near Stanford U.  It makes more sense for
people who live in town to visit 99 Bottles, at least.)

--
Cheers,               "That article and its poster have been cancelled."
Rick Moen                   -- David B. O'Donnel, sysadmin for America Online