[Smaug] Proposal for meeting on July 1st

Martin Wolters martinwolters at yahoo.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:38:57 -0700

Well, this is somewhat of a mistake (and consequently the website announcement
too). So let me try again to explain myself a little better:

I am offering to bring my equipment which has some basic functions for wirless
home networks running (which I am happy to demonstrate as well - as kind of
an overview/introduction). I am *looking for* somebody who feels comfortable
taking it from there and talking about

a) wlan.conf
b) dhcp, samba, bind
c) firewall and masquerading based on iptables

I feel *not* equipped and knowledgeable enough to "give a presentation" and I
wouldn't advertise my system as "demonstration of 802.11b home network".

To make this successfull I would need some people like Karsten, who know a
little bit better what they are talking about. Unfortunately (but
understandable) Karsten can not fully commit this time. So I would appreciate
to hear a few more "Yes, I know how to do this or that and I will be there."

For example: Rick, will you be there and share some of your bind-expertise?
Nacho, aren't you the 802.11b guru? Will you be there?

I hope we can get that going ...

-M

PS.: I am not planning to have any hand-outs. But I can see myself summarizing
the findings and making some scripts available afterwards.