[Smaug] CR/LF, wordwrap, newline & ASCII

Phil White cerise at littlegreenmen.armory.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 03:09:45 -0700 (PDT)

The newline encodings are encoded in the file itself.  OS's have
preferred ways of encoding them, though.  Those preferred ways may or
may not be subverted by your text editor of choice.

Opening a text file generated on a different OS will likely have
different encodings for a newline.

-Phil/CERisE

Paul Thomas spat forth: