[Smaug] Crossposting and key signing

Ignacio Solis isolis at igso.net
05 Jun 2002 19:15:38 -0700

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
I just wanted to state my opinion that I don't like this crossposting.=20
I know the subject can be relevant to both groups, but I still don't
think it should be done. If somebody is interested, they can subscribe
to both, I know a few of us are.

Also, while I'm crossposting this message, I want a key signing party
soon. Everybody stepped up to the plate last time but nothing happened.
So if nobody steps up now I'll take over.

I don't have the URL now, but I'm sure somebody will post it, just
search if you need it now.=20

Nacho's super quick and dirty procedure:
- create key (for those that don't have one)
- mail me key (or tell me where to get it)
- print your fingerprint (or write it) on a piece of paper, or memorize
it.
- carry fingerprint with you (wallet/purse) and with your id.
- bring id + fingerprint to party.

Date: don't know yet.
Real reason for key signing party: I'm going to Costa Rica at some point
in the summer. The LUG in Costa Rica requested me to bring my chain with
me to expand the reach of the debian (and others) trust circle.

If someone who knows what they're doing better than me wants to take
over, please do so, but _do_it_.

Nacho

P.S. If you want to exchange signatures come send me mail and come by my
office Basking Engineering 399C, UCSC.

--=20
In theory, practice and theory are the same, but in practice they are
different
EEE8 08C9 FBAE B471 9691  CE7A 1CC8 D3DE B31E 10AB
GPG Public Key: http://www.igso.net/isolis.gpg

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available