[Smaug] 3D GUI and GNU/Linux, Open Source

Phil White cerise at littlegreenmen.armory.com
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 22:11:44 -0700 (PDT)

I know of a couple.

The Berlin Consortium's been working on one.  They didn't have code
last I checked, but that was nearly a year ago.

3dwm is coming along nicely.  You can actually plug that into X,
although it's supposedly standalone.  It's neat to do, if nothing
else, because you learn way more about VNC than you ever wanted to
know.

3dwm also has a couple of links on their site (3dwm.org)

There was a move for Enlightenment to do a 3d version, although I never
tracked that down.

I have a couple of wm's on littlegreenmen.  I wouldn't mind handing out
accounts to anyone who wants to have a look.

-Phil/CERisE

Paul Thomas spat forth: