[Smaug] NFS with SuSE?

Graham Freeman graham at calteg.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 11:12:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Rick Moen wrote:

> You won't need to run the RPC portmapper on the client side, only on the
> server side.
>
> There are a whole lot of pointers on NFS debugging in my NIS & NFS
> lecture notes, here:  http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lecture-notes/nisnfs
> (Note especially the section labelled "Misc. debugging points".)  Tell
> you what:  Why don't you have a look through that, and see if it fixes
> your problem.  If not, let us know, and we'll have a crack at it.

Rick,

Your notes are useful and informative - thanks for the link.

One update with regard to AFS:  Transarc was bought by IBM, who
subsequently open-sourced AFS and announced their intentions to drop all
support and development for AFS.  OpenAFS are the [relatively large] group
of people who maintain the current iteration of AFS, now called OpenAFS.

See www.openafs.org for more info.

--

Graham Freeman                  Executive Director, CalTEG
tel: +1 831 466 0853            http://www.calteg.org/