[Smaug] NFS with SuSE?

Ix Nichols ix at armory.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 09:13:53 -0700

Are there any SuSE experts on this list? I'm trying to NFS mount an export
from my Caldera box onto my SuSE laptop, and it hangs interminably (a sure
sign that NFS isn't communicating properly).

At install time I told SuSE not to start RPC by default, so I've been poking
around in /etc/init.d, trying to start various scripts to get the right
services running. Unfortunately, each linux and unix has it's own scripts and
binaries for doing the NFS dance, and I don't know what SuSE's are. Can
anyone here help me?

The NFS server is running Caldera Workstation 3.1.1 and the client is running
SuSE 7.3, if that matters.

- Ix