[Smaug] Zero tolerance for P2P?

CERisE...mass consumer of bazooka gum cerise at littlegreenmen.armory.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 19:40:09 -0700 (PDT)

The letter doesn't restrict SMB file sharing as I read it.  Rather it
restricts P2P.

Last I checked, the S in SMB stands for server.  That is not P2P by
definition.

When you said that Windows file sharing isn't included, I assumed you
were aware of that.  I thought you had meant that all of the programs
listed ran solely on platforms other than MS-Windows.  Apparently this
was a bad assumption.

Server based xfers apparently are allowed.

P2P (on any platform) apparently is not.

-Phil/CERisE