[Smaug] scruz.org cvs question

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 10:35:17 -0700

Quoting Karsten Wade (phig@phig.org):

> I then went to run web_update, and got this error:

No need to do that.  I think it runs properly only from David's
login, but that's OK, since it's in his crontab for five past every
hour.

> I just tried it again - my local copy of meeting.sub is changed, tried to
> check-in, and got the below error.

Looks to _me_ like the system didn't think your local copy of
meeting.sub was newer.

You should ideally refresh your checked-out copies using "cvs update"
before starting an edit session.  And are you sure you saved changes
to your local copy?

I'm unfortunately out of time, and so can't look into matters beyond
that (and am also getting severe lag, as people are really hammering
my server at the moment).

I've got this in my CVS/Root file:
:ext:rickmoen@cvs.smaug-web.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/smaug-web

Seems to take care of a lot of the messier details.