[Smaug] scruz.org cvs question

Karsten Wade phig at phig.org
Tue, 7 May 2002 10:00:26 -0700 (PDT)

Before I file a ticket with the sf.net admins, I thought I would check
here first to see if I missed something.

Last night I went to change the meeting times on the scruz.org page to be
up-to-date.  I was able to check out the project (hadn't done this yet),
make the edits, and sort of check back in:

  quaid@cvs.smaug-web.sourceforge.net's password:
  Could not chdir to home directory /home/users/q/qu/quaid: No such file
or directory
  Checking in htdocs/index.sub;
  /cvsroot/smaug-web/htdocs/index.sub,v  <--  index.sub
  done
  cvs [server aborted]: can't chdir(/home/users/q/qu/quaid): No such file
or directory
  cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvszR9Ui3

I then went to run web_update, and got this error:

  quaid@usw-pr-shell2:/home/groups/s/sm/smaug-web$ ./web_update
  /home/groups/s/sm/smaug-web/cvs
  cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot make directory htdocs: No such file or
directory

I tried to run it from within htdocs/ but couldn't get it to even run.
Something about running scripts here I don't savvy:

  quaid@usw-pr-shell2:/home/groups/s/sm/smaug-web/htdocs$ ../web_update
  bash: ../web_update: No such file or directory

Okay, so then I decided to wait out the hour+5 minutes to see what
happened.  The index.sub changes took and the date is updated on the front
page (yay!), but the meeting.sub changes did not take and that page is now
out of date.

I just tried it again - my local copy of meeting.sub is changed, tried to
check-in, and got the below error.

  [kwade@thalia smaug]$ cvs -z3
  -d:ext:quaid@cvs.smaug-web.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/smaug-web ci htdocs
  cvs commit: Examining htdocs
  cvs commit: Examining htdocs/backup
  cvs commit: Examining htdocs/host
  cvs commit: Examining htdocs/jacob
  cvs commit: Examining htdocs/rightbar
  cvs commit: Examining htdocs/test
  quaid@cvs.smaug-web.sourceforge.net's password:
  Could not chdir to home directory /home/users/q/qu/quaid: No such file
or directory
  cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `htdocs/index.sub'
  cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!
  cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvsgUsyt1

Could the fact that the CVS server can't chdir to my home directory cause
it to abort with some but not all of the project checked in?  This is odd
because I _do_ have a home directory:

  quaid@usw-pr-shell2:~$ pwd
  /home/users/q/qu/quaid

I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss anything that might have been my
mistake of how our system works before I file a trouble ticket.

thx - k'

 Karsten  Wade           "As sharp as the leading
 karsten@phig.org        edge of a ball bearing."
 http://phig.org/gpg/              - Dallas Dobro