[Smaug] Help with 802.11b setup

Josh Neal josh at unixmercenary.net
Sun, 5 May 2002 15:42:48 -0700

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 03:51:31PM -0700, Martin Wolters wrote:

> I spent a few hours trying to setup a 802.11b interface based on Netgear
> MA301/MA401. I think I tried every possible thing (linux-wlan, host_ap ...)
> but at this point the kernel crashes no matter which module I try to load.
> (Maybe something wrong with IRQ's ?)

1) What kernel version, and what distribution are you using?

2) Precisely, what happens when "the kernel crashes"? Do you get an oops or panic? Does the machine lockup?

> Does somebody have experience in setting up such an interface? Maybe I can
> bring my computer to tomorrows meeting (there is one, right?)

According the web page, yes, there's a meeting tomorrow. I plan to be there.

-josh

--
Josh Neal
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer."