[Smaug] And now, something totally different...

Josh Neal josh at unixmercenary.net
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:37:04 -0700

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:55:32PM -0700, Mike Del Fava wrote:

> I'm hoping glean some knowledge about integrating some Linux/Unix services
> (secure firewall/web server) into my newly designed, starting to be
> deployed, Windows 2000 Infrastructure (County of Santa Cruz mandated. If it
> were up to me my whole agency would be a Linux Shop. I could save the
> taxpayers a whole lot money). I know from preliminary research that with the
> latest versions of KERBOS and LDAP on my Linux or BSD boxes they could talk
> with Win2000 Active Directory. Any thoughts?

Mike -

It's been a long time since I had to support Samba, but I found John Blair's "Samba: Integrating UNIX and Windows" to be a great reference at the time. You can pick up a copy from http://www.ssc.com/ssc/samba/

Best of luck.

-josh

--
Josh Neal
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer."