[Smaug] Repost of Sunday Night OS Discourse

CERisE...mass consumer of bazooka gum cerise at littlegreenmen.armory.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:01:54 -0700 (PDT)

I am officially calling an unofficial meeting of the minds.

As I've said on more than one occasion, I've been planning out parts of an
operating system of late.  It's a rather ambitious project and one which I
don't honestly believe will go anywhere aside from perhaps a foot note in
a history of obscurities.

I've had time to work on parts of it (most notably the filesystem) and
I've wanted time to discuss the situation with fellow geeks.

As a result, I will host a conference of sorts which will probably quickly
degenerate into pseudo random chaos.

Where:  The Armory (directions follow)
When:  This Sunday, April 14 @ 6p (subject to change based on public
opinion)

Guests are encouraged to bring snacks along.  Tortilla chips, soda, and
ethernet jacks will be freely available!

-Phil/CERisE

P.S.  Attendance by flakes, those in comas, and the perpetually busy is
welcome ; )

Directions: (www.armory.com/~spcecdt/directions.html for specifics)

Armory Area Map
                                                              | ^-- Campus
                                     Meder St.                |
        ------------------------------------------------------|
                    /                                         |
                   /                                          | Bay St.
                  / Nobel Dr.                                 |
                 /                       Peach Terrace -> |   |
                /                                         |   |
               /      Former Place            Nobel Dr.   |   |    Iowa Dr.
              /       of Interest             ----------------+----------------
             |                 |             /                | STOPLIGHT
             |                 V            /                 |
              \  Nobel Dr.     I           /                  |
 The Armory ->   A | c         | e       |                    |
 305 McMillan Dr.  | M         | t       |                    |
                   | i         | o       | Alta               | Bay St.
      Donna Ct.    | l         | n       | Vista              |