[Smaug] DNS change (fwd)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:00:37 -0800

Quoting Graham Freeman (graham@calteg.org):

> I sent the message to "smaug-domain@scruz.org", which is listed as both
> Administrative and Billing Contact for scruz.org.

Oh.  <sheepish look>  I guess it's about time to set up MXing and
handling of some standard addresses, like that one, postmaster, abuse,
etc.  I haven't done that, yet.

I'm not the one who set up the whois record, just a DNSadmin guy on
the nameserver end of things -- but haven't done anything special to set
up mail for any addresses in the domain.  I vaguely recall some other
addresses being in the billing- and administrive-contact fields at the
time I wrote the zonefile and named.conf entry, but may be
misremembering.

> ns1.calteg.org/209.204.184.242 should be removed completely for the time
> being.

'Tis done.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                      "vi is my shepherd; I shall not font."