[Smaug] Meeting this Monday

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 01:30:10 -0800

Quoting Lisa DeQuattro (ldq@cruzio.com):

[quoting a set of meeting notes]

> The Web Committee is in charge of designing and maintaining the front
> and back end of the group's Web presence.

At any given moment, _exactly_ the list of project admins shown on the
right side of http://sourceforge.net/projects/smaug-web/ are physically
capable of maintaining the Smaug site.  No more, no fewer.  Exactly
those.

Any member of that list may have his project admin flag removed by any
of the others.  Any other sourceforge.net login may be added by one of
the admins to the list of admins.

That implies, in other words, that unless and until one of the existing
admins (1) learns the sourceforge.net login of someone else who's to be
made a Web admin, and (2) adds that person, no change will occur to the
admin roster, and meeting minutes are just so much noise.  When people
cite them to me, I think "OK, but that's not what matters.  What matters
is who's listed on http://sourceforge.net/projects/smaug-web/ ."

As long as I'm listed on http://sourceforge.net/projects/smaug-web/ , I
feel somewhat responsible for the Web site, and will want to make sure I
do a fair share of the work.  On the other hand, I don't want everyone
to just count on my doing everything.  Thus my sitting back to see if
anyone else updated the site after the March meeting.  Nobody did.

I waited to see if anyone would update the site this evening, following
the April meeting.  Again, nobody did.

So, I've done a partial update (having just got back from a long evening
at a client site), removing the April meeting notice, substituting a May
one, and tacking on July's date to the upcoming dates.  What I've _not_
done is put up any notice about a May gpg talk.  Now, I'm going to see
if someone else on the Web team will take care of that before the end of
the week.  If not, I'll defer any gpg talk until after May.

You, Jacob, Karsten, or David G. might wish to make change to the
admin roster -- as you think best.  And I hope somebody puts up
something about the lecture.

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers