[SMAUG] Any ideas

Raphael Dorado rdorado@pacbell.net
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 18:21:36 -0800

The questions I posted earlier are included below.

In which area does Ben live ?

--Raf

- Why isn't linux based on a micro kernel (by default) ?

- Threads: why isn't it possible to bind a processor to a thread in SMP
mode ?

- Could someone outline in details what is intended with GPL 3.0 ?

- Which are the future types of projects needed by Linux to get
acceptance ?

- What about a hardware certification for Linux ?
  This would help acceptance of Linux by HW manufacturers.