[SVLUG-Jobs] Mobile Linux Technical Lead needed;
mapton at aa-technical-recruiter.com
Fri Nov 26 21:27:07 PST 2010
Mobile Linux Technical Lead
Lead role in the definition and implementation of Linux on an innovative
mobile platform. Will drive execution from definition to deployment.
Experienced with Linux implementations on mobile devices. Will contribute in
all architectural phases of the software design, including scoping,
high-level, and detailed architectural design.
Will maintain a knowledge base of current mobile Linux technologies, and
participate in proof-of-concept investigations.
Will participate in the product definition phase:
* Lead the scoping and investigation of Linux technology as
applicable to the product.
* Lead discussion and architectural definition of various key
technology pieces and their integration into the system.
* Both create and supervise the creation of high level and detailed
software architecture documentation, and the creation of software design
specifications used to guide the team's development.
* Participate in software code reviews to ensure the creation of
high-quality, robust code by all team members.
* Influence, guide and build consensus among the various development
members with respect to the architectural designs.
* Monitor progress of numerous projects, coordinate with project
managers and engineers, and make sure that activities are progressing
according to schedule and within budgetary guidelines.
* Will have a high level of understanding and accountability for all
aspects of the program lifecycle and business impacts associated with the
execution of the Linux program.
* Will ensure that Linux implementations follow a well defined
internal and will be expected to report the program status on a periodic
The job requires in-depth knowledge of Linux and program management using
Must be able to manage dependencies among remote teams and set strategic and
Should coordinate resource planning and interface with the executive
management team for phase reviews and status report meetings.
In-depth knowledge of Linux on mobile devices, deployment of components in
system applications and project lifecycle of consumer electronics product
Knowledge and understanding of ODM business model and product development
methodology Should have managed Engineering programs, preferably in ODM
Knowledge of standard source control systems and bug tracking systems and
their functions in successful software development efforts.
Strong interpersonal and communication skill, capable of writing appropriate
documentation, mentoring both senior and junior team members on Linux, and
act as the technical lead for all Linux implementations.
* BS degree/MS Degree in Computer Science
* 10+ years of Software Engineering or Architecture roles are
required and at least 6 years hands-on programming experience in a Linux
* Expert knowledge of Linux system and user-level APIs
* Strong leadership, people and communication skills, the ability to
work under pressure, and the ability to communicate in all directions and
instill purpose and confidence.
* Experience working with OEMs and/or ODMs in the consumer
* Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Program/Project Management experience is a plus.
* Local Bay Area candidates only
Please apply; mark.apton at zoran.com
More information about the Jobs