[SVLUG-Jobs] Senior Systems Engineer w/ Linux Exp (Location=Redwood City, CA)
tracie at yume.com
Wed Nov 10 12:04:39 PST 2010
Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume online through our web site.
Go to http://www.yume.com/content/open-positions
Scroll down to "Systems and Network Operations" section, then click on "Senior Systems Engineer".
There will be an "Apply" button at the bottom of the job description.
This senior candidate must be a self starter, who works well with others and be able to adapt to changes quickly in a goal oriented startup environment. The right professional must have hands-on experience and a good track record of managing, trouble shooting and maintaining secure content delivery networks, enterprise systems and large networking environments. Hands-on experience in running and maintaining video streaming and download services are a major plus. This candidate will participate in defining and scoping our deployment topology and work with datacenters to deploy our service.
Knowledge of reliability and security requirements is essential.
• Configure servers
• Monitor site stability and performance
• Provide 24x7 on-call support of the Datacenter Infrastructure
• Prioritize tasks and work independently yet interact well within a project-oriented team environment
• Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
• Documentation of current and future configuration processes and policies
• Troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, and security administration
• 5+ years of industry experience working in a large scale data networks.
• Prior experience interfacing with and/or working in datacenters is a must.
• Prior experience in launching and running HV/HA environments
• Qualified candidates will have solid, hands-on experience in the following:
- provisioning Linux servers for server side deployment
- volume groups and various file systems
- using backup and restore tools
- SAN storage experience
• Experienced in hardware virtualization using VMWare
• Good understanding of IP security.
• Strong shell scripting experience is required.
• Working knowledge of Redhat Enterprise, Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, XML, Java and other server side technologies for a J2EE stack is an asset.
• Experience in integration with datacenter monitoring tools (e.g., Nagios, CACTI) is a plus.
• BS degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to travel (less than 10%)
YuMe is a video advertising technology company that makes professional video profitable for publishers and effective for advertisers. Its robust ACE™ technology powers both its premium ad network and its industry leading advertising management platform solution, ACE for Publishers. YuMe’s premium ad network aggregates the best in video content, representing over 600+ Premium publishers including MSN, NBC and Fox News. And with more than 1.6 billion video streams and 90 million unique viewers, YuMe serves over 30 million in-stream video ads per day. As a result, YuMe gives publishers and advertisers unprecedented reach, brand safety, contextual relevance, controlled syndication, and consistent delivery across all digital media platforms–Web, downloads, mobile, and IPTV. YuMe is a privately held company headquartered in Redwood City, CA and backed by Accel Partners, BV Capital, DAG Ventures, Khosla Ventures and Menlo Ventures. This is a rare opportunity to be part of an organization that is shaping the future of digital media!
For more information, visit www.yume.com, follow @yumevideo on twitter (www.twitter.com/yumevideo), or become a fan of YuMe on Facebook at www.facebook.com/yumevideo.
More information about the Jobs