[SVLUG-Jobs] Senior Linux Administrator, Panasonic
rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 8 12:45:09 PST 2010
[RM: modifying Alison's post to insert the job description, rather than just a URL.]
----- Forwarded message from jobs-owner at lists.svlug.org -----
From: Alison Chaiken <alchaiken at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:23:31 -0800
To: jobs at lists.svlug.org
Subject: Senior Linux Administrator, Panasonic
Nothing to do with me; just thought someone here might be interested.
Senior Linux Administrator Posted Nov 05
Panasonic Cloud Entertainment Company, Cupertino, CA
Panasonic Cloud Entertainment Company is a new division within Panasonic
focused on products, services and content for online gaming, social
networking, and other forms of emerging, web-based entertainment. At the
core of our vision is a new mobile device designed specifically for
online gamers. Join our growing team in the heart of Silicon Valley and
help create a revolution in online, mobile entertainment! Currently, we
are seeking a Sr. Linux Administrator for our office in Cupertino, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides overall support for the lab's computer system, including
hardware and software.
• Provides and manages the technology infrastructure for the
• Communicates and coordinates with business management, project
executives and team leads to insure appropriate integration of hardware
and software and modules across organizations
• Expert with Linux, Windows and Mac OSX. Especially Linux.
• At least 8 years experiences in solutions for Linux system imaging
and auto deployment such as kickstart, CFengine.
• Scripting experience using Bash, PHP or PERL.
• Troubleshooting and support for Ubuntu Linux workstations and
• Troubleshooting and support for Redhat Linux workstations and
• Troubleshooting and support for CentOS Linux workstations and
• Must be experienced with systems level challenges spanning both
desktop and infrastructure environments.
• Previous experience in sys admin and lab admin roles.
• Demonstrated knowledge of networking products and deployments
including wireless, access controls, routing, switching, VLAN, etc.
• Experience supporting development teams working to productize
technology and ideas.
• Exposure to co-lo hosted production environments.
• Server hardware knowledge and configuration including RAID.
• Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written.
• Responsible for Information Security Management system.
Must show evidence of leadership, team work, project management, problem
solving skills, and the ability to work with all levels in the
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be
an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v). Pre-employment drug testing may
be required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able
to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid
authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in
Panasonic Cloud Entertainment Group.
(650) 279-5600 (cell)
Standards should be recorded after they've emerged. -- Jeff Lindsay
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Subject: confirm fb4656ff0c5255f0cb0e5aafb55148b7ec6d0209
Sender: jobs-request at lists.svlug.org
From: jobs-request at lists.svlug.org
If you reply to this message, keeping the Subject: header intact,
Mailman will discard the held message. Do this if the message is
spam. If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header
with the list password in it, the message will be approved for posting
to the list. The Approved: header can also appear in the first line
of the body of the reply.
Mailman-owner mailing list
Mailman-owner at lists.svlug.org
----- End forwarded message -----
More information about the Jobs