[SVLUG-Jobs] Principal Software Engineer (Linux) - Platform Team
byoung at infoblox.com
Wed Mar 3 10:43:19 PST 2010
This is a full-time role via direct employer - details below:
Infoblox delivers highly reliable and manageable platforms for core
network services like domain name resolution (DNS), IP address
assignment (DHCP), IP address management (IPAM) and more. Infoblox
solutions - essential for the move from static networks to dynamic
infrastructure and applications - are used by over 2,700 organizations
worldwide, including over 100 of the Fortune 500. The company is
headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., and operates in more than 30
Infoblox's management team includes key executives from NetScreen,
Vernier, Fortinet, HP, and Sun. Principal investors include Sequoia
Capital, Lehman Brothers and Duchossois Technology Partners.
The technical team combines next generation database experts with
notable contributors to key internet technologies including: Cricket
Liu, author of O'Reilly's "DNS and Bind"; and Stu Bailey, former tech
lead at National Center for Data Mining at University of Illinois,
Principal Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
This is a senior software engineering role requiring design,
implementation and advanced technology development of production-quality
software for our purpose-built network services appliance. An
individual in this position serves as an expert on Networking, product
scalability and performance. This is a distinguished role in our
software development team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide architectural guidance and advanced technology
development for new product initiatives
* Generate software designs for products and features
* Provide technical oversight and mentoring to other engineers for
assigned development projects
* Create software written in C for our Linux-based appliance
* Knowledge and Experience:
* 10+ years of distinguished career in a software
* Strong C programming skills within a linux/unix
* Strong understanding of inter-process communication and
experience with complex multi threaded software design is required
* Previous lead engineer role on a medium/large scale
project is required
* Knowledge of networking and TCP/IP sockets programming
* Familiarity with database design, scalability and
performance benchmarking/tuning is highly desirable
* Four year degree in CS, CE is required. Master's in
CS/EE is preferred.
* Skills and Abilities:
* Strong time management and organizational skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to think analytically and create efficient
solutions to complex problems
* Thrive in a fast paced environment and meet stretch
* Ability to review the work of others critically and
provide constructive feedback.
Please submit your resume to careers at infoblox.com and include the
position title in the subject line.
Infoblox is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
***Principals only please. Agency resumes are not accepted and will be
considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement
More information about the Jobs