[SVLUG-Jobs] Posting for Development Manager -Platform Team
jfunk at infoblox.com
Mon Apr 13 18:51:37 PDT 2009
Infoblox appliances deliver utility-grade core network services,
including domain name resolution (DNS), IP address assignment and
management (IPAM/DHCP), authentication (RADIUS) and related services.
Infoblox solutions, which provide the essential "glue" between networks
and applications, are used by over 1,800 organizations worldwide,
including over 90 of the Fortune 500. The company is headquartered in
Santa Clara, Calif., and operates in more than 30 countries.
Infoblox's management team includes key executives from NetScreen,
Network Appliance, Vernier, Fortinet, HP, and Sun. Principal investors
include Sequoia Capital, Lehman Brothers and Duchossois Technology
The technical team combines next generation database experts with
notable contributors to key internet technologies including: Cricket
Liu, author of O'Reilly's "DNS and Bind"; and Stu Bailey, former tech
lead at National Center for Data Mining at University of Illinois,
Development Manager - Platform Team
Santa Clara, CA
The Development Manager, Platform Team will be responsible for leading a
team for the design and development of product features and
functionality, working closely with other engineering staff to build a
* Hands-on management a team of software engineers developing
infrastructure software for a Linux based appliance
* Responsible for all aspects of team deliverables - requirements
analysis, task break down and estimation, on time delivery and quality.
* Develop accurate project schedules and maintain progress
* Work with developers to monitor quality of deliverables and set
a high standard for developer testing. Work with QA to help define
effective test plans
* Undertake initiatives to proactively improve quality of software
by identifying any weaknesses in design or implementation
* Participate in technical meetings and represent platform team
interests - vendor meetings and third-party product integrations
* Responsible for maintaining and upgrading Linux kernel and open
Skills & Experience:
* 12+ years experience in infrastructure software development,
* 2+ years managing software development team of 5-8 engineers.
* Strong systems background and knowledge of Linux kernel and OS
internals, GNU tool-chain and debugger is a must
* Prior experience with Network appliance is a plus
* Experience with Networking programming - sockets, TCP/UDP/IP a
* Proven proficiency in C and Shell programming
* Keen awareness of Software security and writing Secure Software
* Knowledge of SOAP, XML a plus
* Knowledge of databases design and concepts is a plus
* Full software development life-cycle experience with proven
track record of shipping software
* Results oriented, solid work ethic with excellent attention to
detail and quality.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Four year degree in CS, CE or EE is required. Graduate Degree
in CS, CE, EE a plus
Please submit your resume to careers at infoblox.com and include the
position title in the subject line.
Infoblox is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
This is a direct employer posting.
More information about the Jobs