[SVLUG-Jobs] Unix System Admin position at CollabNet (Brisbane)
jthomas at collab.net
Tue Mar 25 12:04:11 PST 2008
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of CollabNet's hosted
software business made up RedHat Linux running on x86 and Sun Solaris
running on Sparc ; and contribute to the architectural direction of our
environment. This includes administering some of the busiest software
development sites in the world, and supporting development systems in
multiple locations around the world. The ideal candidate would have
previously worked in a 24x7 web environment and be comfortable
administering mission-critical systems. This position is also
responsible for installs, upgrades and maintenance of customers using
CollabNet's Enterprise Edition, SourceForge Enterprise Edition, and
* A thorough understanding of a UNIX-based operating system;
TCP/IP networking ; system and network performance tuning,
troubleshooting, and security.
* Ability to automate routine system administration tasks in at
least one of: Python, Perl, shell. Provide links to code examples if you
* Have substantial experience and depth of knowledge in several
areas of system administration, e.g., backups, monitoring, security,
storage, networking, performance tuning.
* Ability to solve problems quickly and completely, and document
your solutions. Provide links to documentation you've written, if you
* Experience with networked server installs using Linux
Kickstart and/or Solaris Jumpstart. Should have experience in setting up
and maintaining automated system build environments.
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills. Must enjoy
being part of a team, and be a team player.
* Ability to balance multiple competing priorities and still
complete tasks on time.
* Larger scale system automation using automated tools.
* Experience with Open Source network monitoring tools,
specifically Nagios, Big Brother, and Cricket.
* NetApp filer administration experience.
* Identify recurring tasks and inefficiencies which require
automation and automate them.
* Be available for 24x7 on-call support and occasional trips to
our San Jose datacenter.
* Serve as a mentor to more junior staff members.
* Be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Reports directly to the Manager of Production Operations and will work
closely with the Support Operations team, and the Operations Engineering
Submit your resume to jobs [at] collab.net with the job title as the
subject or fax to +1 (650) 228-2501. Please include a cover letter, how
you heard about CollabNet, and how your experience is a fit.
Talent Acquisition Officer
CollabNet is a Red Herring top 100 Company!!
More information about the Jobs