[SVLUG-Jobs] Google.com Engineering - Software Engineer - Mountain View, CA
sansoo at google.com
Wed Aug 8 10:53:09 PDT 2007
Are you part ace coder, part adrenaline junkie? Do you have a knack for
seeing a problem and immediately discerning the likely solution? Maybe you
have been coding for years, are bored with the old
design-build-review-test-ship-repeat routine, and yearn for some
faster-paced challenges? Or perhaps you are a seasoned software engineer who
is also a genius at jockeying networks and administering UNIX clusters.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join the Google.com Engineering
team. Google.com Engineers are in the thick of everything involved with
keeping Google running, from code-level troubleshooting of service anomalies
to safeguarding the availability of our most popular services; from
monitoring and response to building new automation infrastructure to
balancing the desire for change management with the need for stability. All
team members must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency
in coding, good communication skills and most of all enthusiasm for tackling
the complex problems of scale which are uniquely Google. We tackle
challenging, novel situations every day, and work with just about every
other engineering and operations team at Google in the process.
In this role you will need:
* Expertise in coding, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale
* Experience in a high-volume or critical production service
* Strong understanding of IP networking, including the ability to
analyze network behavior, performance and application issues using standard
tools like tcpdump.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, MS or PhD is preferred.
* 0-15 years experience.
* 3+ years developing web-based applications.
* Expertise in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
* Fluency in one or more of: C, C++, Java.
* Fluency in one of more of: Shell, PHP, Perl or Python.
* Ability to handle periodic on-call duty, as well as out-of-band
* Solid working knowledge of UNIX, preferably Linux.
* Tack-sharp analytical abilities.
* A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Fluent written communication and unusual verbal agility are strong
* SQL experience a plus, MySQL a plus.
* Experience leading short projects involving outside teams is a plus.
Engineering Talent Scout
Google Inc. | 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy | Mountain View, CA 94043
650.214.4646 - desk | 408.391.5051 - cell
sansoo at google.com | sansoo at gmail.com
^ Join my professional network on: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sansoo
More information about the Jobs