[SVLUG-Jobs] Open Position: Linux Systems Administrator, Reactrix Systems, Redwood City
Andrea.Gyurancsik at reactrix.com
Tue Oct 24 09:51:11 PDT 2006
Direct recruiter for Reactrix Systems, hiring for:
LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Responsible for the Network Operations support and maintenance of our
production revenue-producing extranet and internal STAGING environments.
You will be responsible for upgrading and maintaining our production
co-location infrastructure, delivering a highly-reliable,
highly-scalable server / Reactor network. You will actively manage a
combination of co-lo servers and remote Reactors through web
administration and in-house subsystems. You will be responsible for
production enhancements and maintenance of our internal filer / mail /
print / DNS / YP /Samba / engineering / release and build servers. You
will assist other Linux server administrators as well as Windows server
admins, as required.
* Develop Linux services system requirements and develop
infrastructure, processes and technology to fulfill those needs.
* Enhance, configure and support co-location web, SQL, and
monitoring servers. Develop operational procedures and best practices
for the management of this production infrastructure.
* Manage production site and venue data within the Reactrix
web portal database.
* Identify, address, and document co-location infrastructural
design flaws, procedures, and processes.
* Provide after hours on call Linux server support.
* Deploy operating system, application software, and bug fixes
via the Reactrix production web portal interface.
* Provide hardware, OS, and application maintenance on
internal and production extranet Linux servers and Reactors.
* Utilize Bugzilla to document and track troubleshooting
opportunities and provide follow up / fixes to the production Reactor
* Deploy Nagios monitoring of servers and distributed Linux
* Improve DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, Samba, and NTP mechanisms for
optimal stability and redundancy for both the intranet and extranet
* Enhance server and end user security through automated and
procedural best practices. Conduct server security threat assessments
and recommend / implement required modifications.
* Develop Jumpstart / Kickstart mechanisms for Linux servers
and Linux end-user desktops.
* Deploy and maintain Veritas backup solutions across
production and development Linux servers. Assure data integrity and
restore-ability. Archive data, as appropriate.
* Deploy email, calendaring, and contact management solutions
utilizing Linux servers, in conjunction with Exchange and Active
* Support VPN access to the Corporate LAN from extranets and
wireless DMZ locations. Utilize VPN tunnels for server-to-server
administration and information optimization.
* Experience level: 5+ years system and network
administration, preferably in heterogeneous environments (Linux +
* Ability to implement, configure and manage data center and
intranet Linux server systems (Apache, SAMBA, YP/NIS, DNS/DHCP, NFS
* Working knowledge of intrusion detection systems, SQL
database services, secure web servers, web application load balancers,
and NAGIOS / NetSaint / SNMP.
* Experience building scalable, thoroughly-monitored, stable
IT server and application solutions.
* Working knowledge of at least one common scripting language
(Perl, shell, python, PHP, etc.)
* Ability to configure and install software packages from
source code and through the use of Linux package managers.
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills -
interacting with support staff, third party partners, customers,
engineers, estaff. Capable of developing easily understood written
* Working knowledge of SSH, Apache, SSL, RPM, HTML, HTTP,
HTTPS, SQL, and CVS.
* Prior experience working with a young startup.
* Bachelor of Science / Masters - Computer Science.
* RedHat Kickstart development skills.
* Cisco networking knowledge of switches, WAN routers, and
* Security certifications.
* 7+ years of Linux / Solaris / Irix / operating system
* Flexible working schedule.
Reactrix Systems, Inc. is a 5 year old, 80+ person organization located
in Redwood City, CA. It has introduced a new dynamic advertising
display medium - Reactrix. The medium presents advertising and
sponsored spots that are projected on to large, highly trafficked areas
like floors. Unlike other advertising media, people play with branded
digital images and animations in groups. People interact for up to 2
minutes with projected images that react to their movements.
To date, the OUT-OF-HOME Advertising category, and particularly
advertising in malls and theaters, has been the home of static
billboards, rotating signage, and television-like screen displays.
Coupled with the downward trend for overall effectiveness of most media
choices, Reactrix is positioned to enable advertisers to reach people
more effectively than previously offered media forms. In late 2005,
Arbitron conducted Reactrix-sponsored research to evaluate the
effectiveness of Reactrix advertising. The results of the media study,
published in January 2006, are among the highest advertising
effectiveness scores Arbitron has ever observed across all media types.
Through the centralized Reactrix Network, advertisers can easily place
and track dynamic advertising and merchandising messages that break
through the clutter and engage prospects and customers in a way never
before possible. The Reactrix Network is available in the Top 10 DMAs
in the largest trafficked malls and theaters with estimated traffic
averaging 120M monthly. Current national advertisers include a major
beverage company, a movie studio, and a Telco.
PLEASE VISIT OUR SITE: www.reactrix.com
Reactrix provides comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefit
packages. Benefits include Medical Insurance, Prescription Drug
Insurance, Dental and Vision Reimbursement, Retirement Plan, Paid
Holidays, and accrued Paid Time Off - starting at 15 days/yr.
Only qualified candidates should apply. Please send your resume and a
cover letter summarizing how your background matches the requirements to
jobs at reactrix.com. Title it "Linux Systems Administrator" in the
subject line. Please let us know how you heard about this opportunity.
Thank you for your interest in Reactrix!
A proof of authorization to work in the United States required.
No agency solicitations, please.
This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
More information about the Jobs