[SVLUG-Jobs] Three openings for Senior Linux Administrators in Pleasanton
mmowen at zantaz.com
Tue Oct 24 07:41:47 PDT 2006
Direct hiring manager recruiting for the following position:
Linux Administrator (Production Engineer) - Pleasanton, CA
Area: Operations and Services
Support, maintain, and monitor the ZANTAZ Digital Safe Service in a 24 X
* As part of the Data Center Team, the
employee is responsible for all aspects of supporting, maintaining the
ZANTAZ Data centers in a 24x7 work environment to insure the
availability and reliability of the ZANTAZ Digital Safe service.
* Primary responsibility is to support
all Linux based machines in production/support.
Skills and Experience Required:
* Ability to support and manage multiple
servers including Linux and/or Solaris, including hardware and software
troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Ability to work cross functionally in
a positive and supportive manner. Must have excellent communication
* Ability to develop, maintain and
document processes, procedures, programs and scripts.
* Firm understanding of Network and
System Security, Network Topology and VPN solutions.
* Ability to practice good judgment in
dealing with unforeseen issues that may arise.
* Willingness to take on any task and
drive it to completion.
* Participate in 24 x 7 on call support.
* US Citizenship required.
* Federal government screening required.
* Some travel required.
* 4+ years in supporting Linux and/or
* 3+ years experience in scripting
including Perl and Shell scripting.
* Experience with Sendmail, Exchange &
Lotus Notes experience a plus.
* Knowledgeable in DB2/SQL and mySQL.
* Familiar with system backups,
including Tivoli Storage Manager.
* Network Monitoring experience
including Netsaint/Nagios, HP Openview, and SNMP.
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent required
in a related field, any technical certifications a plus.
Email mmowen at zantaz.com
More information about the Jobs